September 2018




September 2018



What a busy month! We hit the 5-month anniversary a few days ago.  Certainly, doesn’t get any easier.  I wonder if she would be walking now? I think she would be crawling.  Back to work keeps me busy for a couple of days and then the remaining week is taken up with a few charity bits, housework and a day to spend with Johnny!

We also have had a visit from the hospice nurses which was lovely.  We could show them what we had been up to over the last few months and book in a stay at the hospice to revisit, plus a remembering day which we are very much looking forward to.  It is my main aim to keep talking about Elizabeth and keep her memory alive.

Ella also turned 9, I can’t believe where the time is going!  I could tell she loved her family party, but I also knew she was missing Elizabeth that day.  She never says much but you can tell it is hard, we feel it too and love a family get together but there will always be someone missing now.

September has also meant back to preschool and Johnny is struggling with separating from me to go in. I never like to use the last year as an excuse, but I wonder what is going on in his head.  Does he wonder if I will have to disappear somewhere while he is there and won’t be there when he gets home? I am hoping the consistency of each week will help and he will start to go in each morning happy.

I also need to work on my memory. I know I forget things, I spend so much time thinking about Elizabeth still need to make room for everything else!  At least unlike August we have had no more funerals and I have not been so unwell (August saw me very poorly with strep A).  Maybe this is our new normal …everything is starting to settle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biff's Battle Book update

Anniversaries

Grief