Biff's Battle Book update

At the beginning of my book Biff's Battle I remember saying that I loved writing but had never thought I would write a book! So pleased that I managed to get it published and so pleased to have raised money for Little Bridge Hospice and Grace Kelly Ladybird Trust.  I am so pleased that people know more about Elizabeth's journey.  The idea of a blog came from the CLIC team.

So many people have asked me how did I cope? I always say it was hard and I missed the children so much, but on the other hand I got to have one on one time with Elizabeth.  We cuddled, we played, watched television and chatted to the nurses.  We also had plenty of visits and presents too!

Ever since Elizabeth was diagnosed in June 2017, I never took a moment for granted with any of the children.  When a consultant tells you that your child will die within the next 2 years, a child who has been nothing short of perfect since she was born, it makes you realise that you have to grab every opportunity to have fun.

Looking back though I have to try and be positive, at least she saw snow and we tried to fit as much as we could into February.

Since Elizabeth died we have gone away at every opportunity.  The Disneyland trip was amazing but emotional at the same time.  We should of left on the 22nd April as a family of 6 but instead we went in May as a family of 5, it was a special trip for Elizabeth to enjoy and spend time with her sisters and brother after so long spent in hospital.  It seems so cruel she didn't make the trip.

I have vowed to raise awareness and money for childhood cancer, the main charities include; The Grace Kelly Ladybird Trust, CLIC and be child cancer aware.  Since Elizabeth died I am trying to share our story wherever possible.  I have given a couple of talks within CLIC at Exeter and Bristol and also given a few telephone interviews to share our story.  I also hope distributing the awareness cards with raise lots of awareness too.   My aim is to keep her memory alive!

I know this is a bit of a ramble, I hope the more I write the better organised I will become!

Anyway I am so pleased that we have managed to raise over £800 so far and have got lots more to collect.  Now need to reach further a field as I think most of my local friends etc have purchased a book now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anniversaries

Grief